College Application Support
Guidance Overview | College Internships & Opportunities | Guidance Newsletter
SEEDS' Guidance team provides support for our graduates as they apply to college. This past year, Guidance:
- Facilitated hour-long FAFSA workshops for students and families;
- Hosted college tours in both the fall and spring; and
- Provided assistance in application completion, including essay editing.
SEEDS also hosted a College Fair in June, which was open to High School Scholars and CPP students. More than 300 people attended the fair at St. Philip's Academy. In addition to hosting representatives from more than 45 colleges and universities, attendees were able to attend a variety of workshops.
- College Admissions 101: It's senior year - now what? Learn what you need to be doing this summer and in the fall in order to be successful.
- Finding the Right Fit: Discover the different types of colleges and find out which type of school you on the best path toward your career goals.
- Writing the College Essay: Learn to write a compelling college essay during this workshop.
- College Myths: "Testing is more important than grades." "Large universities have more diversity." "Public colleges are more affordable." Learn which myths hold some truth and which need to be debunked.
- College Life and Engagement: While getting into college is the short term goal, graduation is the end goal. Hear tips on how to succeed and graduate from college.
Have specific questions about the college application process? Submit your questions to Kate Levine at email@example.com.
SEEDS is grateful to the Fred C. Rummel foundation for its Guidance support in FY12.